LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
Media Center Hours
Students are encouraged to use the Media Center.
The Media Center is open from
7:30 - 3:00, Monday-Friday.
Policies and Procedures
Students are encouraged to use the Media Center. Our school has more than the required 10 books per student in the library, and we are constantly working to upgrade our offering of reading materials. Students are taught library skills both in the classroom and in the library. Students are responsible for books they check out.
We now have the reading incentive program Accelerated Reader, available for student use during class periods, as well as before and after school.
Checking out books
- The library is open from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm, Monday thru Friday.
- K5 - 1st grade may check out one book at a time.
- 2nd - 5th grade may check out two books at a time.
- If a student has an overdue book, he/she cannot check out another book until the overdue book is brought back.
- If a student loses a book, he/she must pay for the book before checking out another book.
- Magazines may not be checked out.
- Students may come to the library at anytime during the day as long as they have their teacher's permission. They are allowed a maximum of 5 - 10 minutes to check out a book.
- Students may only use the computer with permission from the media specialist.
- Students are only allowed to use the computers for school related activities such as research projects, book reports, etc.
- Students are not allowed to play games on the computers.
- Students are not allowed to print unless they have permission from the media specialist. Printing is only allowed for school assignments.
- Students must have an internet permission form signed by their parent/guardian in order to use the internet.
- Students may only get on the internet with the permission of the media specialist.
- Students may get on the internet for school related activities only (ex. Class project, book report, etc.).
- SURFING THE NET IS NOT ALLOWED!